Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Oh What a Joy




I don't know how many of you have a system for returning your cans and bottles or if your state even participates in this, but here in Michigan when you return a bottle or can you get a dime for each one. So once a month I show up to my grocery store with bags of rattling cans and bottles. Oh what a joy (can you hear my sarcasm?). However since I want to get all my dimes back it's just part of a monthly ritual.

Why can't they just invent huge bins where you can just dump all your cans in at once, and few seconds later you are done. Kind of like when you drive on the highway and you see those toll booths. For those of you that have change, you just toss it all in and the lovely gate opens.

I want to just dump all my cans and bottles at once and then press the button and get my slip. Is that too much to ask? Oh wait, or is the slow process part of their game? If you don't take them back more, money for them! Well I am getting all my dimes back no matter how long of a process it will be, but a friendlier system to the consumer would be greatly appreciated.