Thursday, February 6, 2014

Vidalia Chop Wizard





Do you have a kitchen gadget that you just totally love after years of use? I’ve had a Vidalia Chop Wizard for several years now thanks to my sister. She knows I love to cook and got this for me for Christmas. This has been absolutely my favorite ‘go-to’ kitchen item in daily meal preparation for my family and let me tell you my kitchen is full of cooking gadgets. 


It is easy to use, clean and store! What else can you ask for? It has made my chopping symmetrically perfect from large to small cubes of onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, boiled eggs and anything else you wish to chop. I love the small cubes especially when I need to hide vegetables in dishes from my kids. 

I like how the pieces fall into a clear container underneath and you can see how much you have chopped. No need of dirtying up a measuring cup because you have one right there. I was worried that it will lose its sharpness after some time, but 4 years later and I have no issue with that.

Here comes the bonus - the cleanup is a breeze! The little tool is amazing and it just takes a few seconds and you are done. Also dishwasher safe :)


This little gadget impresses me in every way and I am happy to use any vegetables and fruits in my recipes in less than a minute without thinking how long it will take me to chop all of them in to perfect little pieces.