It’s easy to do. Pick an oil, you can use ORGANIC coconut oil or sesame oil, put anywhere from a teaspoon to a tablespoon (depending on what you can handle) in your mouth, then you may have to chew on the oil for a few seconds for it to melt, because it is solid at room
temperature. It is best to do this on an empty stomach, before you brush your teeth. I know, you are freaking out about the 15 to 20 minute thing, so that is why I prefer to do it while I take a shower in the morning. Pull the oil through your teeth & make sure not to swallow it. Once you start, that oil fills up with toxins, you don’t want to swallow! When your timer beeps, spit out the toxic waste into a plastic baggy or directly into the trash. Don’t spit it down the drain cause the oil will solidify again & mess up your pipes. Rinse your mouth with
water and brush your teeth well. There is no need to use a lot of force here, if doing this causes pain in your facial muscles then just relax a bit. Try using less oil next time and don't swish it around too forcefully.
Here are the benefits, they are pretty much endless & differ for everyone, but some of the big ones are:
- Whitens teeth
- Strengthens your gums,teeth & jaw.
- Prevents cavities & gingivitis. Some people even reported it healed their cavities?! Not sure about that one… but who knows?!
- Helps get rid of acne, eczema, psoriasis & other skin care issues.
- General body detox.
- Cures a hangover & a migraine.
- Helps with sleep issues.
- Clears out your sinuses & helps allergy sufferers.
- If you have halitosis, oil pulling has been a big savior for many sufferers & your morning breath will get much better.
- Helps with general pain issues.
- Manages any weird hormonal imbalances.
People rant & rave about oil pulling, now I can see why!