I love a good hard-boiled egg. The emphasis here is on the word good. It is SO hard to get a good hard boiled egg. Baked eggs are better because they are less smelly and the texture of the finished egg is creamier. It's just 325 degrees for 30 minutes. It works especially great when you are making a lot of hard boiled eggs...like for Easter. They are really delicious! You will be amazed!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Position the oven racks in the center of the oven.
- Place the eggs parallel to the bars on the racks. (see picture above)
- Place a baking sheet pan in the bottom of the oven (just in case an egg breaks).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- When the eggs are done, fill a large bowl with ice water and move the eggs into the bowl. I do this a few minutes ahead of time to make sure the water is COLD!
- Peel the eggs as soon as they're cool enough to handle, then return them to the ice water to thoroughly chill. I think that the eggs are easier to peel if they are allowed to chill in the water for at least 10 minutes.
- Peel the eggs under cool running water.