Homemade Chicken Alfredo



I have to say, this is my 1st time making Chicken Alfredo from scratch. Usually, I just pick up whatever Alfredo sauce is on sale that week and poof I am done. Most of you will look at this going, "Wait a minute, what happens to the fettuccine noodles?" Well, I Am Just a Wife, not a Chef. You will not see me making special trips to the grocery store because I have the wrong noodles. Since it was between these noodles and lasagna noodles in my kitchen pantry. I decided these would be a better fit LOL.






Ingredients

1 box of fettuccine noodles or whatever you have

1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut up

1 1/4 cup of chicken broth

4 tsp. flour

4 oz Philadelphia cream cheese

4 tbsp Kraft Parmesan Cheese

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp black pepper


Directions

Cook pasta as directed on package. Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook covered for 8 min. or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet. Mix broth and flour in same skillet. Stir in cream cheese, 3 Tbsp. Parmesan, garlic powder and pepper; cook 2 min. or until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in chicken. 

Drain pasta; place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.

think this sauce has a nice balance. It's not too thick and not too runny, just a happy medium so it doesn't feel too heavy when you eat it. Everyone in my house enjoyed this Alfredo Sauce. My daughter said she does not want me to buy anymore ready-made sauce. She said that you can tell that this one is homemade and not filled with a preservative taste. Then she asked me, "Did you notice there is no funny after taste?"


Comments

  1. How many servings does this recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes 8 to 10 servings, it all depends how big your servings are.

      Delete

Post a Comment