February 2014 Declutter & Organize!

As you all know from my January 2014 Declutter & Organize post my biggest challenge is to be more organized, and I would like to declutter my house. Being able to find things when I am looking for them makes me happy. I used to think that I need a bigger space, more room, a larger home.  Strike that! You can live comfortably and grandly in any living space as long as you limit your possessions to the ones you actually need and love. 

It’s very easy in a busy life such as ours to let a few things slide here and there, and before you know it, you have a big mess! Let’s face it - “clutter happens” and clutter is one of the biggest time wasters of our house keeping duties. Well no more mess! I am getting back on track! 

So I have created now for February a calendar that I will share with you to help me stay focused. If you feel overwhelmed at your house, please join me in this monthly challenge.  

Here are few tips that I set for myself:
~ Work a calendar day assignment with music or something that will motivate
    you.
~ If I don’t finish the assignment, I will start again the next day with this   
    assignment.
~ Declutter with bags: trash bag, donation bag and put away bag
~ Every month create a box called 3 months (you will rotate with 3 boxes), place  
    item not used for 1 year in the box. If I don’t need it in 3 moths put it in     
    donation or trash bag.
~ Clean all areas that you declutter. 





Comments

  1. I love this idea and I love the 3 month idea, if you haven't used it in a year then you probably wont but its always hard to let go so I love idea of letting yourself try for 3 months.
    xx, Michelle
    http://michelleolthuis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment