Chocolate Covered Strawberries




Valentine's Day is considered by some to be a Hallmark holiday due to its commercialization. To me, it’s just an excuse to watch my favorite TV shows with the holiday theme, enjoy my favored chocolate, smell beautiful flowers, and make it a sweet and fun day for the whole family. This year we are kicking off starting today with a homemade dessert each day until the fun and exciting Valentine’s Day. We are starting with my favorite, Chocolate Covered Strawberries. To me, that just screams Happy Valentine's Day. As to my white chocolate drizzle, yes practice makes it better. Someday I will perfect it :)


Ingredients:

11.5 oz milk chocolate morsels
2 tablespoons shortening
12 fresh strawberries
12 toothpicks
4 tbs white chocolate

Insert toothpicks into tops of the strawberries. Place morsels and shortening in a double boiler over hot (not boiling) water, stirring occasionally until smooth. 




Holding the strawberry by the toothpick, dip the strawberry into the chocolate mixture.  Place the strawberry on a sheet of parchment paper. Melt white chocolate and drizzle over the milk chocolate for a more sophisticated but fun look.

Comments