Have you ever just tried a cup of soup that is just full of pure awesome-ness? I seriously think you guys will love this recipe. It's easy and quick to make. You pretty much throw most of the ingredients in the pot, cook it for 20 minutes and then add sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips right at the end. Well, this one is hands down a winner for me this winter season. It's a yummy in the tummy! My hubby could not stop eating and said it's a magical White Chicken Chili that he can not get enough of.
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1/2" pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 15.5 oz. cans Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 7oz can diced green chilies
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp of fresh cilantro (or if you freeze your cilantro than just 1 cube)
- 1 15.5 oz corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese Monterrey Jack or Mexican Blend
- shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, for serving
- tortilla chips, for serving
Heat olive oil in a 6 quart dutch oven over medium heat. Once oil is hot add chicken and diced onion and sauté until chicken is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds longer.
Add chicken broth, beans, green chilies, cumin, oregano, and pepper. Bring mixture just to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in corn and cilantro, simmer 5 minutes.